Thursday, January 1, 2009

Back to Work

It was fun taking a couple of days and forgetting about the Eagles and concentrating on college football. That's over now and it is back to the NFL, more specifically the playoffs.

I'm working on my game preview. Here are some initial thoughts...

I don't fear the Vikings. They have a great RB and very good front seven, but the rest of the team is all over the place. Unless we go nuts with turning the ball over I just don't see them being able to really jump on us.

You have to respect a team that runs the ball and plays the run as well as they do. Those are the foundations of a good football team.

How will Tarvaris Jackson and Adrian Peterson respond to playoff football? Things move a lot faster in the postseason. Every snap is crucial. The games are pressure-packed. I think Peterson should be fine, but Jackson could be in for a surprise. He didn't have to face tough defenses upon coming back late in the year. That could have given him some false confidence. Or maybe he's ready to take the next step in his development.

I'm excited to see what our defense can do. These guys are red hot and I expect them to play at a high level from here on out. We've allowed a total of 60 points in the last 5 games. If we hold the Vikings to 13 or less, I feel like we'll definitely win.

Thank god we're back in the playoffs.
_

No comments: